Visitors to Aboyne are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Craigievar Castle, Castle Fraser and Drum Castle.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Aboyne
- The closest major airport is in Aberdeen (ABZ), 25.9 mi (41.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Aboyne
The picturesque setting of Muir of Dinnet National Nature Reserve and Morven exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Aboyne Golf Club and The Butterworth Gallery.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Aboyne. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Lys-Na-Greyne - This 5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Douneside House - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- The Commercial Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and convenient parking.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Craigievar Castle, located 8.7 mi (14 km) from the city centre, and Castle Fraser, which is 17.1 mi/27.5 km away.
Dressing for Aboyne
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 1°C at night
- About 836.40 millimetres of rain falls on Aboyne each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 17°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 1°C