Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Alvalade, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the shopping, restaurants and architecture. Urban and welcoming, this city also attracts visitors with its art.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- October is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado), 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Alvalade
- Known for its art scene, whereas Galeria 111, Gulbenkian Museum, and Vasco da Gama Aquarium are some local cultural sights
- Families come for attractions such as Lisbon Oceanarium, Lisbon Zoo, and Torel Garden
- Notable landmarks include Castle of Sao Jorge, Rossio Square, and Santa Justa Elevator
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Dolce Vita Shopping Monumental Mall, Atrium Saldanha and El Corte Ingles Mall
Getting around Alvalade
There are plenty of options for getting around Alvalade. Nearby metro stations include Alvalade Station and Roma Station.
Staying in Alvalade
Looking for a charming or small, stylish hotel? You may appreciate Alvalade II Guest House Lisboa.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Alvalade II Guest House Lisboa with a 5 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Alvalade
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the nighttime average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Alvalade gets about 702 millimetres of rain per year