Visiting Avenidas Novas
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Avenidas Novas, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the shopping, art and restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts visitors with its cafes and museums. A top attraction is Gulbenkian Museum.
- There are 34 Avenidas Novas hotels
- September is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado), 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Avenidas Novas
- Art and museums are well-known in the area, and attractions include Gulbenkian Museum, Center for Modern Art, and Dr. Anastacio Goncalves Museum
- Families come for attractions such as Lisbon Oceanarium, Lisbon Zoo, and Torel Garden
- Notable landmarks include Estufas, Castle of Sao Jorge, and Rossio Square
- Eduardo VII Park, Edward VII Park, and Cascais Beach are just some of the places to enjoy the area's natural beauty
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to El Corte Ingles Mall, Dolce Vita Shopping Monumental Mall and Atrium Saldanha
Getting around Avenidas Novas
Avenidas Novas has plenty of options for transport. Nearby metro stations include Sao Sebastiao Station and Parque Station.
Staying in Avenidas Novas
With 49 hotels and other accommodations to choose from in Lisbon, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 28 hotels ranging from GBP 41 to GBP 343 per night.
For trips with large groups, you might prefer these highly rated properties:
- EPIC SANA Lisboa Hotel
- InterContinental Lisbon
Searching for a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You may enjoy these traveler-recommended, smaller hotels and specialty properties:
- Hotel Principe Lisboa
- Real Residência - Touristic Apartments
A favourite with Expedia travellers is EPIC SANA Lisboa Hotel with a 4.9 out of 5 user rating, whereas InterContinental Lisbon and Hotel Principe Lisboa are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Avenidas Novas
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the nighttime average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Avenidas Novas gets about 702 millimetres of rain per year