Algeciras has accommodation options for budget-minded travellers, though all guests will enjoy the gardens and restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts visitors with its bars.
- There are 9 Algeciras hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas May is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Gibraltar (GIB), 5.7 mi (9.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Algeciras
- Taking a ferry is one of the top activities, whereas Algeciras Harbour, RENFE, and Maria Cristina Park are favourite sights to visit
- Plaza Alta and Plaza de San Isidro are popular cultural attractions
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit, including World War II Tunnels, St. Matthew's Church, and Torreguadiaro
- The natural setting of the gardens is picturesque, and places to visit include Getares, Playa de los Lances, and Los Lances Beach
Getting around Algeciras
With transport options aplenty, getting around Algeciras is easy. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Algeciras Station or Puerto de Algeciras. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in Algeciras
With 12 hotels and other accommodations to choose from in Algeciras, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 7 hotels ranging from GBP 26 to GBP 55 per night.
For trips with large groups, consider the following top-rated traditional hotels:
- AC Hotel Algeciras by Marriott
- Globales Reina Cristina
Searching for a charming locale or stylish getaway? You might like these traveler-recommended, smaller hotels and specialty properties:
- Hotel Alborán Algeciras
- Hotel Aura
Hotel Alborán Algeciras, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.2 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are AC Hotel Algeciras by Marriott and Hotel Aura.
Dressing for Algeciras
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 11°C at night
- From April to June, the average temperature during the day is 27°C, whereas the average at night is 13°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 18°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and nighttime averages of 12°C
- About 19 millimetres of rain falls on Algeciras each year