Visitors can enjoy all that Tarifa has to offer including the cafes, churches and monuments. Top sights in the city include Bolonia Beach and Bolonia.
- There are 312 hotels and other accommodation options in Tarifa
- The closest major airport is in Gibraltar (GIB), 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tangier (TNG-Ibn Batouta), 26.4 mi (42.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tarifa
The city is notable for landmarks like Bolonia, Castle de Guzman El Bueno and Church of San Mateo. The city's natural beauty is on display at Bolonia Beach, Playa de los Lances and Playa Valdevaqueros. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Point Tarifa and Mirador del Estrecho.
In Algeciras, you can choose from 312 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Kook Hotel Tarifa - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a rooftop terrace and parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Posada La Sacristía - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable beds at this pension. With a stay at this 3-star pension, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Hostal El Asturiano - Amenities at this 3-star pension include free WiFi and a coffee shop. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Rock of Gibraltar, 17.2 mi/27.6 km from the city centre, and Cape Trafalgar, which is 26.6 mi (42.9 km) away.
Dressing for Tarifa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 11°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is 13°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 18°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and night-time averages of 12°C
- About 19 millimetres of rain falls on Tarifa each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 11°C