Visiting Zahara de los Atunes
Visitors can enjoy all that Zahara de los Atunes has to offer including its beaches. Top sights around the area include Cape Trafalgar, Bolonia and Bolonia Beach.
- There are 56 hotels and other accommodation options in Zahara de los Atunes
- The closest major airport is in Gibraltar (GIB), 27.6 mi (44.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tangier (TNG-Ibn Batouta), 28.6 mi (46 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Zahara de los Atunes
A favourite place to visit in the city is Zahara de los Atunes Beach. In the area, you'll also find Cape Trafalgar and Bolonia.
In Tarifa, you can choose from 56 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below is a top accommodation option based on Expedia user reviews:
- Colores de Zahara - With a stay at this 2-star hostal, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Top places to visit outside the city include Bolonia Beach, 5.6 mi/9 km from the heart of the city, and Playa de El Palmar, which is 14.1 mi/22.7 km away.
Dressing for Zahara de los Atunes
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 18°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 8°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 25°C as the daytime average and 9°C as the night-time average
- Zahara de los Atunes gets about 729 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°C