York has accommodation options for budget-minded travellers, though all guests will enjoy the beaches and shopping. Visitors can also indulge in all the fine qualities that this welcoming, relaxing and seaside city has to offer, including its restaurants, coffeehouses and surfing.
- There are 24 York hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Portland, ME (PWM-Portland Intl. Jetport), 38.2 mi (61.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around York
- Families come for attractions such as Center for Wildlife, York's Wild Kingdom, and Water Country
- The beaches and the sea highlight the natural beauty, and Wiggly Bridge and Steedman Woods, Long Sands Beach, and Mount Agamenticus are several places worth visiting
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Kittery Outlets, Tanger Outlets Kittery and The Kittery Outlets
Staying in York
With 3 hotels and other accommodation options in York, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates:
- 7 hotels, ranging from GBP 75/night to GBP 197/night
- 10 motels, ranging from GBP 199/night to GBP 199/night
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might prefer a property such as the highly rated Anchorage Inn and Resort.
Seeking a charming locale or stylish getaway? You might like these traveler-recommended, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels:
- Stage Neck Inn
- Sea Latch Inn
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Stage Neck Inn with a 4.7 out of 5 user rating, whereas Sea Latch Inn and Anchorage Inn and Resort are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for York
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and -10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, while the average at night is -1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and nighttime averages of -9°C
- Average annual rainfall for York is 1297 millimetres