Families will find kid-friendly activities in Scarborough, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, beaches and top-notch restaurants. Victoria Mansion, Portland Museum of Art and Children's Museum of Maine are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 670 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Portland
- The closest major airport is in Portland, ME (PWM-Portland Intl. Jetport), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Sanford, ME (SFM-Sanford Seacoast Regional), 21.6 mi (34.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Scarborough
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Higgins Beach, Scarborough Beach State Park and Prouts Neck. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Scarborough Downs and Beech Ridge Motor Speedway.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 36 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Scarborough. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Black Point Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Higgins Beach Inn - This 2.5-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit around the area include Victoria Mansion, 6.8 mi/11 km from the city centre, and Portland Museum of Art, which is 6.9 mi (11 km) away.
Dressing for Scarborough
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 8°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -11°C
- From April to June, the average is 25°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 18°C as the daytime average and -9°C as the night-time average
- Scarborough gets about 1200.20 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -9°C