Visiting Old Orchard Beach
Travellers to Old Orchard Beach give high marks for the beaches and beautiful gardens. This city also attracts tourists with its theme park. Top sights around the area include Victoria Mansion, Portland Museum of Art and Children's Museum of Maine.
- You'll find 679 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Portland
- The closest major airport is in Portland, ME (PWM-Portland Intl. Jetport), 9.6 mi (15.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Sanford, ME (SFM-Sanford Seacoast Regional), 18.5 mi (29.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Old Orchard Beach
Favourite places to visit in the city include Old Orchard Beach Pier, Dunegrass Golf Club and Harmon Historical Museum. Additionally, in the area you'll find Victoria Mansion and Portland Museum of Art.
In Saco, you'll find 224 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Sandpiper Beachfront Motel - This 2.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and a terrace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Atlantic Birches Inn - Our customers like the central location and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with comfortable bedding.
- Imperial Waters - Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free parking and an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Children's Museum of Maine, located 11.1 mi (17.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Portland Head Light, which is 11.2 mi/18 km away.
Getting around Old Orchard Beach
If you want to venture outside the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Old Orchard Beach Station. Old Orchard Beach might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Old Orchard Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be -11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and -9°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Old Orchard Beach is 1202 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -9°C