Families will find kid-friendly activities in Wilson, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Secluded and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its sporting events and shopping. A top sight in the area is Rocky Mount Sports Complex.
- You'll find 40 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Rocky Mount
- The closest major airport is in Greenville, NC (PGV-Pitt-Greenville), 30.4 mi (48.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Raleigh, NC (RDU-Raleigh - Durham Intl.), 50.3 mi (81 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wilson
The city's cultural venues include Imagination Station and Edna Boykin Cultural Center. Additionally, you might want to add Wedgewood Golf Course to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Wilson. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Wilson Downtown - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and WiFi.
- Comfort Suites Wilson I-95 - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilson - Hayes Place - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
A top sight outside the city is Rocky Mount Sports Complex, 17.9 mi/28.7 km from the city centre.
Getting around Wilson
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Wilson Station. Wilson might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Wilson
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 20°C and the night-time average to be -2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and -1°C at night
- Wilson gets about 1138.30 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -1°C