Visiting Watkins Glen
Visitors to Watkins Glen are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting and wineries. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfalls and temples. Top sights in the city include Watkins Glen State Park and Watkins Glen International.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodation options in Watkins Glen
- The closest major airport is in Elmira, NY (ELM-Elmira - Corning Regional), 15.1 mi (24.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Ithaca, NY (ITH-Tompkins Regional), 22.7 mi (36.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Watkins Glen
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and Watkins Glen State Park. Wine tasting is one of the top activities, while Watkins Glen International, Seneca Harbor and The Tasting Room are favourite sights to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Castel Grisch Winery to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Watkins Glen. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Blackberry Inn Bed & Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Idlwilde Inn - Our customers like the central location and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Hudson Manor Bed and Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Keuka Lake, located 15.8 mi (25.4 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Watkins Glen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and -10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is -2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 6°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and night-time averages of -9°C
- Watkins Glen gets about 922.60 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -9°C