Guests will appreciate the restaurants, shopping and wineries in Wallaroo.
- There are 2 Wallaroo hotels
- April is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.), 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Wallaroo
- Wine tasting is one of the top activities, whereas Wallaroo Wines, Hall, Brindabella Hils Winery, and Gallagher Wines are favourite sights to visit
- National Museum of Australia and National Gallery of Australia are popular cultural attractions
- Families come for attractions such as National Zoo and Aquarium, Cockington Green, and Big Splash Waterpark
- Notable landmarks include Telstra Tower, Australian War Memorial, and Old Parliament House
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Federation Square, Canberra Centre and Kingston Shopping Centre
Staying in Wallaroo
Looking for a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You may enjoy Ginninderry Homestead.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Ginninderry Homestead with a 4 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Wallaroo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 28°C and the nighttime average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 17°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Wallaroo gets about 580 millimetres of rain per year