Visitors can enjoy all that Bungendore has to offer including its art. Around the area, top sights include Australian War Memorial, National Gallery of Australia and Old Parliament House.
- There are 190 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.), 16.4 mi (26.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Bungendore
A favourite place to visit in the city is Bungendore Wood Works Gallery. Additionally, in the area you'll find Australian War Memorial and National Gallery of Australia.
As you plan for your holiday to Bungendore, you might not find accommodation options in the city centre, but you can select from 190 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Pavilion on Northbourne is located 19.7 mi (31.7 km) from the heart of Bungendore. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Dickson can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and pool.
- Pacific Suites Canberra is 19.7 mi (31.8 km) from central Bungendore. This 4.5-star aparthotel in Braddon features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and a fitness centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Sebel Canberra Civic is 19.6 mi (31.6 km) from the centre of Bungendore. This 4-star hotel in Braddon features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. Our customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit in the area include Old Parliament House, 19.8 mi/31.8 km from the city centre, and Parliament House, which is 20.1 mi/32.4 km away.
Getting around Bungendore
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Bungendore Station. Bungendore might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Bungendore
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 17°C with night-time averages of 1°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and night-time averages of 5°C
- About 591.80 millimetres of rain falls on Bungendore each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 2°C