Visiting Villafranca di Verona
Visitors to Villafranca di Verona are sure to enjoy the spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffee shops and safari tours. Stadio Marcantonio Bentegodi, Basilica of San Zeno Maggiore and Castelvecchio are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1280 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Verona
- The closest major airport is in Verona (VRN-Valerio Catullo), 4.6 mi (7.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Brescia (VBS-Gabriele D'Annuzio), 25.7 mi (41.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Villafranca di Verona
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Castello Scaligero. Additionally, you might want to add Museo Nicolis to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Villafranca di Verona. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel San Pietro - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free Internet.
- Hotel Opera' - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a winery, free WiFi and free parking.
- Best Western Plus Hotel Expo - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Veronafiere, 7.9 mi/12.8 km from the heart of the city, and Stadio Marcantonio Bentegodi, which is 8.3 mi/13.4 km away.
Getting around Villafranca di Verona
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Villafranca Station or Villafranca di Verona Dossobuono Station. Villafranca di Verona might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Villafranca di Verona
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and 1°C at night
- About 702.50 millimetres of rain falls on Villafranca di Verona each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 1°C