Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Turku, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, shopping, and museums. This welcoming, riverfront city also attracts visitors with its spas and beaches.
- There are 25 Turku hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while December tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Turku (TKU), 6.4 mi (10.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Turku
- Well-known for its museums and attractions such as Waino Altonen Museum of Art, Museum of Pharmacy and Qwensel House, and Luostarinmaki Handicrafts Museum
- Popular family attractions include Turku Fair and Congress Center and Moominworld
- Notable landmarks include Turku Castle, Turku Market Square, and Vartiovuori Observatory
- Cheer with the crowd at a game or event at HK Areena or Veritas Stadion
Getting around Turku
Turku has many options for getting around. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Turku Station.
Staying in Turku
With 25 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from, Turku offers holiday retreats at affordable prices. There are 17 hotels ranging from GBP 51 to GBP 141 per night. Consider one of these top-rated, larger hotels for your family trip or any other travel plans:
- Scandic Plaza, averaging GBP 139.99/night
- Original Sokos Hotel Hamburger Börs, averaging GBP 146.96/night
You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Kotimaailma Apartments Turku, averaging GBP 82.68/night
- Park Hotel Turku, averaging GBP 158.09/night
A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Kotimaailma Apartments Turku with a 5 out of 5 user rating while Scandic Plaza and Park Hotel Turku are also highly rated by guests.