Search Torquay Hotels, Victoria
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Torquay, which is also known for its golf courses and spas. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and welcoming setting. Around the area, top sights include Adventure Park Geelong, Bell's Beach and Barwon Heads Golf Club.
- There are 68 hotels and other accommodation options in Torquay
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon), 22.7 mi (36.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 52.3 mi (84.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Torquay
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Front Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Torquay Central Farmers Market and Surf World Museum.
In Jan Juc, you can choose from 68 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Peppers The Sands Resort - This 4.5-star hotel features a golf course, a restaurant and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Wyndham Resort Torquay - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and an indoor pool, along with digital TV.
- Surf City Motel - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Adventure Park Geelong, 13.4 mi/21.6 km from the heart of the city, and Bell's Beach, which is 3.2 mi (5.2 km) away.
Dressing for Torquay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 17°C with night-time averages of 5°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 23°C and night-time averages of 7°C
- About 20 millimetres of rain falls on Torquay each year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 24°C, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 5°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Torquay?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Torquay, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Torquay?
What's the best place to stay for families in Torquay?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to Torquay?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Torquay?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Torquay?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Torquay?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Torquay?
Torquay Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Torquay by Star Rating
- Hotels near Torquay Airports
- Areas of Torquay
- Accommodation near Torquay Attractions
- More accommodation types in Torquay
- Choose Your Torquay Hotel Style
- Search Torquay Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Torquay
- Hotels Near Torquay, Victoria
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends