Search Hotels in Geelong
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 26 May 2020
Pocket Guide: Geelong
Guests are sure to enjoy the beaches, restaurants and shopping in Geelong. Welcoming and walkable, this seaside city also attracts visitors with its parks, spas and bars.
- There are 16 Geelong hotels
- January is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas September is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon), 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Geelong
- Popular cultural attractions include Geelong Art Gallery, Geelong Performing Arts Center, and National Wool Museum
- Popular attractions include Aqua Orbs Water Park and Geelong Botanical Gardens
- Notable landmarks include Steampacket Gardens, The Carousel, and Old Geelong Gaol
- The beaches, parks and the sea highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Rippleside Park, Balyang Sanctuary, and Lake Connwarre
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Westfield Geelong, Mill Markets and Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre
Staying in GeelongWith 16 hotels and other accommodations in Geelong, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates:
- 7 hotels, ranging from GBP 73/night to GBP 149/night
- 5 motels, ranging from GBP 97/night to GBP 97/night
- Novotel Geelong
- Mercure Hotel Geelong
- Vue Apartments Geelong
- Belmercer Motel
Vue Apartments Geelong, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.5 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Belmercer Motel and Novotel Geelong.
Dressing for Geelong
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 25°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 10°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 23°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Geelong is 20 millimetres
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Geelong?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Geelong, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Geelong?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Geelong?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Geelong?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Geelong?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Geelong?
What's the best high-end hotel in Geelong?
What's the best golf hotel in Geelong?
What are some hotels with pools in Geelong?
Geelong Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Geelong by Star Rating
- Hotels near Geelong Airports
- Areas of Geelong
- Accommodation near Geelong Attractions
- More accommodation types in Geelong
- Choose Your Geelong Hotel Style
- Search Geelong Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Geelong
- Hotels Near Geelong, Victoria
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends