Visitors to Thalwil are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants. Bahnhofstrasse, Kunsthaus Zurich and Fraumuenster are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 360 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Zürich
- The closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH), 11.3 mi (18.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Thalwil
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Bahnhofstrasse, Kunsthaus Zurich and Fraumuenster. In the area, you'll also find Swiss National Museum and Zoo Zurich.
Here's a top-rated accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Sedartis Swiss Quality Hotel - This 4-star hotel in Horgen District features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Shopping Center Glatt, located 8.3 mi (13.4 km) from the city centre, and Rapperswil Castle, which is 12.6 mi (20.2 km) away.
Getting around Thalwil
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Thalwil Station. Thalwil might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Thalwil
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be -2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 25°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and 0°C at night
- Thalwil gets about 1089.80 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 24°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 0°C