Visitors can enjoy all that Strabane has to offer including the golf courses and theatres. Top sights around the area include Derry City Walls, Tower Museum and Museum of Free Derry and Bloody Sunday Memorial.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodation options in Strabane
- The closest major airport is in Letterkenny (LTR-Letterkenny Airfield), 16.9 mi (27.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Londonderry (LDY-City of Derry), 17.9 mi (28.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Strabane
A couple of favourite places to visit are Hill Valley Golf Centre and Newtownstewart Golf Club. In the area, you'll also find Derry City Walls and Tower Museum.
As you plan for your holiday to Strabane, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 104 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- The Fir Trees Hotel is located 5.6 mi (9.1 km) from the heart of Strabane. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Strabane can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Castle Inn is 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from central Strabane. This 3.5-star guesthouse in Strabane features free WiFi and free parking.
- Bradley's Bed & Breakfast is 5.7 mi (9.1 km) from the centre of Strabane. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Strabane can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Museum of Free Derry and Bloody Sunday Memorial, located 13.4 mi (21.6 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Strabane
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Strabane is 31 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas March and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C