History buffs will enjoy exploring Londonderry, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Walkable and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its museums, local tours and entertainment. Top sights in the city include Tower Museum, Museum of Free Derry and Bloody Sunday Memorial and Derry City Walls.
- There are 73 hotels and other accommodation options in Londonderry
- The closest major airport is in Londonderry (LDY-City of Derry), 7 mi (11.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Letterkenny (LTR-Letterkenny Airfield), 14.2 mi (22.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Londonderry
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Tower Museum, Museum of Free Derry and Bloody Sunday Memorial and Millennium Forum. Its historic sites and cathedrals are notable and landmarks include Derry City Walls, Diamond and Walled City. Taking a tour is a top activity, and Foyle International Golf Centre is one place to visit.
In Limavady, you'll find 73 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Station B&B - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Bishop's Gate Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi and a fitness centre.
- Shipquay Boutique Hotel - This 5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting around Londonderry
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Londonderry Station. Londonderry might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Londonderry
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Londonderry is 31 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C