Visitors can enjoy all that Sterling has to offer including the festivals, golf courses and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo and live music. Top sights around the area include Wachusett Mountain Ski Area, DCU Center and Nashoba Valley Ski Area.
- There are 119 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Worcester, MA (ORH-Worcester Regional), 12.8 mi (20.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bedford, MA (BED-Laurence G. Hanscom Field), 24.8 mi (40 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sterling
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Wachusett Mountain Ski Area, DCU Center and Nashoba Valley Ski Area. Additionally, you'll find New England Sports Center and Worcester Art Museum in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Sterling, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 17 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Chocksett Inn and Restaurant is located 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the heart of Sterling. This 3.5-star hotel in Sterling features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center is 17.9 mi (28.9 km) from central Sterling. This 3.5-star hotel in Framingham features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Best Western At Historic Concord is 19.7 mi (31.7 km) from the centre of Sterling. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Concord can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and overall value.
Dressing for Sterling
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -10°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -9°C as the night-time average
- Sterling gets about 1198 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -8°C