Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Southport, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the beaches, spas and shopping. Visitors who travel to this welcoming, walkable city can discover its restaurants, theme park and bars.
- There are 13 Southport hotels
- December is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas November is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Gold Coast, QLD (OOL-Coolangatta), 15 mi (24.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Southport
- Families come for attractions such as Rockpools, Gold Coast Aquatic Centre, and Parklands Gold Coast
- The natural setting of the beaches is picturesque, and places to visit include Surfers Paradise Beach, Budds Beach, and Surfer's Paradise Beach
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Australia Fair Shopping Centre, Cavill Avenue, and Marina Mirage Shopping Centre
Staying in Southport
With 13 hotels and other accommodations in Southport, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates. There are 6 apartments ranging from GBP 65 to GBP 130 per night.
You might like one of these highly rated, smaller hotels and specialty properties for a romantic getaway or boutique stay:
- Broadwater Tourist Park
- Aqualine Apartments
Broadwater Tourist Park, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.6 out of 5 user rating. Also Aqualine Apartments has a 4.5 rating by guests.
Dressing for Southport
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 28°C, whereas night-time temperatures stay around 18°C
- From April to June, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 27°C as the daytime average and 15°C as the nighttime average
- Southport gets about 32 millimetres of rain per year