Search Hotels in Shenandoah Valley, VA
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 27 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 14 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 1 Nov 2020
Visiting Shenandoah Valley
History buffs will enjoy exploring Shenandoah Valley, and visitors give high marks for the university vibe, array of wineries and magnificent mountain views. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its restaurants, shopping and live music. Top sights in the city include Massanutten Water Park, Scott Stadium and Rotunda.
- There are 1233 hotels and other accommodation options in Shenandoah Valley
- The closest major airport is in Weyers Cave, VA (SHD-Shenandoah Valley Regional), 8.6 mi (13.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Charlottesville, VA (CHO-Charlottesville-Albemarle), 32.4 mi (52.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shenandoah Valley
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Virginia Discovery Museum, Science Museum of Western Virginia and Harrison Museum of African-American Culture. Attractions like Massanutten Water Park, Mill Mountain Zoo and Rockingham Fairgrounds are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Rotunda, Monticello, and Montpelier.
In Charlottesville, you can choose from 1233 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Shirley's Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and quiet location.
- Inn at Willow Grove - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this inn. This 5-star inn features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- The Iris Inn Bed & Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking and a bar. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Other favourite sights in Shenandoah Valley include Scott Stadium, Downtown Mall and Luray Caverns.
Getting around Shenandoah Valley
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Staunton Station, Charlottesville Station or Clifton Forge Station. Shenandoah Valley may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.