Search Hotels in Sha Tin
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Sha Tin
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Sha Tin, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and riverfront. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafes and university setting. Top sights in the city include Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery and Sha Tin Race Course.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodation options in Sha Tin
- The closest major airport is in Hong Kong (HKG-Hong Kong Intl.), 16.7 mi (26.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Shenzhen (SZX-Shenzhen Intl.), 30 mi (48.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sha Tin
The city's cultural venues include Hong Kong Heritage Museum and Tsang Tai Uk Village. The city is notable for landmarks like Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery, Tao Fung Shan Christian Centre and Che Kung Temple. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and such places to visit as Sha Tin Park and Ma On Shan Country Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Sha Tin. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Hong Kong Sha Tin - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Sha Tin District can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Regal Riverside Hotel - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and dining options at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Sha Tin Wai can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 9 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
Other top sights in Sha Tin include Sha Tin Race Course. Top places to see outside the city include Wong Tai Sin Temple, 2.6 mi/4.2 km from the city centre, and Fa Hui Park, which is 3.7 mi (6 km) away.
Getting around Sha Tin
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Hong Kong Sha Tin Wai Station, Hong Kong Che King Temple Station or Hong Kong Sha Tin Station. Sha Tin may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Sha Tin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 22°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 13°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 18°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 28°C as the daytime average and 14°C as the night-time average
- About 81 millimetres of rain falls on Sha Tin each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 30°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 14°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Sha Tin?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Sha Tin, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Sha Tin?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Sha Tin?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Sha Tin?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Sha Tin?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Sha Tin?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Sha Tin?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Sha Tin?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Sha Tin?
Sha Tin Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Sha Tin by Star Rating
- Hotels near Sha Tin Airports
- Areas of Sha Tin
- Accommodation near Sha Tin Attractions
- More accommodation types in Sha Tin
- Choose Your Sha Tin Hotel Style
- Search Sha Tin Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Sha Tin
- Hotels Near Sha Tin, Hong Kong SAR
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends