Search Hotels in Sendai
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 3 Jan 2020
Visitors to Sendai are sure to enjoy the hot springs. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park, aquarium and local tours. Top sights around the area include Sekisui Heim Super Arena and Sakunami Hot Spring.
- There are 121 hotels and other accommodation options in Sendai
- The closest major airport is in Sendai (SDJ), 8.9 mi (14.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Yamagata (GAJ), 29.7 mi (47.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sendai
Cultural venues in the city include Sendai Anpanman Children's Museum & Mall, Tokyo Electron Hall Miyagi and Zuihoden. Attractions like Benyland, Yagiyama Zoo and Sendai Umino-Mori Aquarium are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Jozenji Temple, Sendai Mediatheque and Aoba Castle.
In Akiu Onsen, there are 121 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Westin Sendai - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Aoba Ward can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a 24-hour fitness centre, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- 1000 Years of Tradition - Akiu Onsen Sakan - Our customers like the room size at this ryokan. This 3.5-star ryokan in Taihaku Ward features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- Almont Hotel Sendai - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Aoba Ward can enjoy access to parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Other top sights in Sendai include Sakunami Hot Spring. In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Zao Hot Springs Ski Resort, located 26.9 mi (43.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Sekisui Heim Super Arena, which is 6.6 mi/10.6 km away.
Getting around Sendai
With so many choices for transport, exploring all of Sendai is simple. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Hirose-dori Station, Itsutsu-Bashi Station and Kotodai-Koen Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Sendai Aoba-dori Station, Sendai Station or Sendai Tsutsujigaoka Station.
Dressing for Sendai
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 13°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of -2°C
- About 1211.50 millimetres of rain falls on Sendai each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging -3°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Sendai?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Sendai, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Sendai?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Sendai?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday to Sendai?
What's the best high-end hotel in Sendai?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Sendai?
Sendai Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Sendai by Star Rating
- Hotels near Sendai Airports
- Areas of Sendai
- Accommodation near Sendai Attractions
- More accommodation types in Sendai
- Choose Your Sendai Hotel Style
- Search Sendai Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Sendai
- Hotels Near Sendai, Miyagi
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends