Visiting Santa María Huatulco
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Santa María Huatulco, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its entertainment. Top sights in the city include Zipolite Beach, Chahue Beach and Huatulco National Park.
- There are 199 hotels and other accommodation options in Santa María Huatulco
- The closest major airport is in Huatulco, Oaxaca (HUX-Bahias de Huatulco Intl.), 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa María Huatulco
Notable city landmarks like Puerto Angel Pier and Puerto Angel Lighthouse might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Zipolite Beach, Chahue Beach and Huatulco National Park. Snorkelling is one of the top activities, while Las Parotas Golf Club, Marina Chahue and Parador Turistico Shluuna are favourite sights to visit.
In San Miguel del Puerto, you'll find 199 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- ZOA Hotel- Adults Only - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and pool.
- Villas Fa-Sol - Our customers like the quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a private beach, free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Princess Mayev Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel in P Chahue features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Other favourite sights in Santa María Huatulco include La Entrega Beach, Huatulco Beach and San Augustin Beach.
Dressing for Santa María Huatulco
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 31°C and the night-time average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 13°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Santa María Huatulco is 1161 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 9°C