History buffs will enjoy exploring Rome, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting. Top sights in the area include Allatoona Lake and Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park.
- You'll find 151 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Cartersville
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (FTY-Fulton County), 49.8 mi (80.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Rome
Cultural venues in the city include Rome Area History Museum, Chieftains Museum and Oak Hill & The Martha Berry Museum. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Berry College and Rome-Floyd ECO Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are The Forum and Ridge Ferry Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Rome. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Rome - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness centre, along with free Internet. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Rome - Our customers like the central location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Rome, GA - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable rooms.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Weiss Lake, located 25.8 mi (41.4 km) from the city centre.
Dressing for Rome
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 21°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Rome is 1373.20 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C