Families will find kid-friendly activities in Marietta, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals and entertainment. Top sights in the city include Marietta Square and Six Flags White Water.
- You'll find 1898 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Atlanta
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (FTY-Fulton County), 12.3 mi (19.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Atlanta, GA (PDK-DeKalb-Peachtree), 15 mi (24.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Marietta
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Gone With the Wind Movie Museum, Earl Smith Strand Theatre and Georgia Golf Hall of Fame. Notable city landmarks like Marietta Square and Marietta Confederate Cemetery might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Six Flags White Water and Atlanta United Training Center.
In Smyrna, there are 90 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Marietta - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Cumberland features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta - Marietta - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Cumberland can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit around the area include SunTrust Park, 6.3 mi/10.1 km from the city centre, and Cumberland Mall, which is 6.7 mi/10.8 km away.
Dressing for Marietta
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 21°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 13°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 23°C and night-time averages of -1°C
- Marietta gets about 1399 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 0°C