Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cartersville, and visitors give high marks for the university vibe, fun sporting events and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals and lakeside setting. Top sights in the city include Allatoona Lake and Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park.
- There are 151 hotels and other accommodation options in Cartersville
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (FTY-Fulton County), 31.2 mi (50.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Atlanta, GA (PDK-DeKalb-Peachtree), 34.4 mi (55.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cartersville
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Canton Theater, Booth Western Art Museum and Tellus Science Museum. Families come for attractions such as Lakepoint Sports, Cagle's Family Farm and Tanglewood Farm. The city is notable for landmarks like Old Car City, Euharlee Covered Bridge and Allatoona Pass Battlefield.
In Douglasville, there are 151 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- MainStay Suites Cartersville - Emerson Lake Point - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cartersville - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Acworth - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its WiFi and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Other top sights in Cartersville include Allatoona Lake and Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park. Top places to visit around the area include SunTrust Park, located 26.6 mi (42.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Cumberland Mall, which is 27.1 mi/43.6 km away.
Dressing for Cartersville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 22°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 27°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Cartersville gets about 1068.00 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C