Visitors to Poway are sure to enjoy the shopping, sporting events and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its lakeside setting. Top sights around the area include San Diego Zoo Safari Park, SDCCU Stadium and La Jolla Cove.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodation options in Poway
- The closest major airport is in San Diego, CA (SEE-Gillespie Field), 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field), 14 mi (22.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Poway
Favourite places to visit in the city include Old Poway Park, Lake Poway and Maderas Golf Club. Additionally, in the area you'll find San Diego Zoo Safari Park and SDCCU Stadium.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Poway. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Ramada by Wyndham Poway - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see in the area include La Jolla Cove, located 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the city centre, and Sycuan Casino, which is 17.5 mi/28.2 km away.
Dressing for Poway
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 30°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 11°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 28°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- About 387 millimetres of rain falls on Poway each year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C