Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 23 Feb 2021
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 1 Mar 2021
Reviewed on 19 Aug 2019
Visiting San Marcos
Families will find kid-friendly activities in San Marcos, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, top-notch restaurants and shopping. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its breweries and sporting events. Legoland California, Carlsbad Premium Outlets and San Diego Zoo Safari Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodation options in San Marcos
- The closest major airport is in Carlsbad, CA (CLD-McClellan-Palomar), 6.6 mi (10.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field), 23 mi (37 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Marcos
Favourite places to visit in the city include Twin Oaks Golf Club, Double Peak Park and St. Mark Golf Club. Additionally, in the area you'll find Legoland California and Carlsbad Premium Outlets.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in San Marcos. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites San Diego North/San Marcos - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Lakehouse Hotel and Resort - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this resort. With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn San Marcos, CA - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit in the area include San Diego Zoo Safari Park, located 9.9 mi (15.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base, which is 14 mi (22.5 km) away.
Dressing for San Marcos
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 23°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 6°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 28°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- San Marcos gets about 362 millimetres of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in San Marcos?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in San Marcos, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in San Marcos?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to San Marcos?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to San Marcos?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in San Marcos?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in San Marcos?
What are some accommodation options with pools in San Marcos?
What is the best spa hotel in San Marcos?
What is staying in San Marcos like?
What should I do while I'm visiting San Marcos?
What's the weather like in San Marcos?
San Marcos Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in San Marcos by Star Rating
- Hotels near San Marcos Airports
- Accommodation near San Marcos Attractions
- More accommodation types in San Marcos
- Choose Your San Marcos Hotel Style
- Search San Marcos Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in San Marcos
- Hotels Near San Marcos, California
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends