Visiting Port Chalmers
Visitors can enjoy all that Port Chalmers has to offer including the local tours, waterfront and churches. Top sights around the area include Larnach Castle, Penguin Place and Dunedin Botanic Garden.
- You'll find 117 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Dunedin
- The closest major airport is in Dunedin (DUD-Dunedin Intl.), 22.1 mi (35.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Chalmers
Favourite places to visit in the city include Otago Peninsula, Port Chalmers Museum and Holy Trinity Church. Additionally, in the area you'll find Larnach Castle and Penguin Place.
As you start planning your visit to Port Chalmers, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 110 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Belo Estúdio em Villa Vitoriana is located 0.7 mi (1.1 km) from the heart of Port Chalmers. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Dunedin can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and proximity to public transport.
- The Victoria Hotel Dunedin is 7.3 mi (11.7 km) from central Port Chalmers. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Dunedin can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
- Kingsgate Hotel Dunedin is 7.5 mi (12.1 km) from the centre of Port Chalmers. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Dunedin can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and central location.
Top places to see outside the city include Dunedin Botanic Garden, located 6.1 mi (9.9 km) from the city centre, and Otago Museum, which is 6.9 mi (11 km) away.
Dressing for Port Chalmers
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 9°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 15°C with night-time averages of 2°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and night-time averages of 6°C
- Port Chalmers gets about 36 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually January and December are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 2°C