Travellers give high marks for the bustling port in Picton, which is also known for its local tours. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks. A top sight in the city is Picton Ferry Terminal.
- There are 38 hotels and other accommodation options in Picton
- The closest major airport is in Picton (PCN), 4.5 mi (7.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Blenheim (BHE-Woodbourne), 16.9 mi (27.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Picton
The city's cultural venues include Picton Museum and Edwin Fox Museum. Attractions like EcoWorld Aquarium and Waitohi Recreational Reserve are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Edwin Fox, Picton War Memorial and Nelson Square.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 38 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Picton. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sennen House - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a free ferry terminal shuttle, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Jasmine Court Motel - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this motel. With a stay at this 4.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a free airport shuttle, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Broadway Motel - This 4.5-star motel features free parking, a rooftop terrace and a business centre. Expedia customers like its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Picton include Picton Ferry Terminal.
Dressing for Picton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 21°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 11°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 15°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and 8°C as the night-time average
- Picton gets about 990.60 millimetres of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C