Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 26 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 27 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 17 Jul 2020
Reviewed on 27 Dec 2019
Reviewed on 12 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 30 Jan 2020
Families enjoy visiting Pau though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, local tours and architecture. A top sight in the city is Château de Pau National Museum.
- There are 66 hotels and other accommodation options in Pau
- The closest major airport is in Pau (PUF-Pau - Pyrenees), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Lourdes (LDE-Tarbes - Lourdes - Pyrenees Intl.), 20.3 mi (32.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pau
Cultural venues in the city include Château de Pau National Museum, Zenith de Pau and Musee Bernadotte. Notable city landmarks like Funiculaire de Pau and Church of Saint-Martin might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Boulevard des Pyrenees and Palais Beaumont.
In Bizanos, you can choose from 66 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Parc Beaumont Pau MGallery by Sofitel - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Centre Ville can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- Kyriad Prestige Pau - Zenith - Palais Des Sports - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and breakfast at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Pau Nord can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Quality Hotel Pau Centre Bosquet - This 4-star hotel in Centre Ville features free WiFi, free parking and a fitness centre. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Getting around Pau
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Pau Station. Pau may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Pau
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 11°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Pau gets about 1136.20 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 3°C