Search Hotels in Palm Desert
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visiting Palm Desert
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Palm Desert, and visitors give high marks for the pristine golf courses. Tourists who journey to this relaxing city can discover its zoo, live music and seafood restaurants. Living Desert Zoo and Gardens, Indian Wells Tennis Garden and Empire Polo Club are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2708 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Palm Springs
- The closest major airport is in Bermuda Dunes, CA (UDD), 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Palm Springs, CA (PSP-Palm Springs Intl.), 10.1 mi (16.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Palm Desert
Well known for its live music, theatres and festivals, the city's cultural venues include McCallum Theatre and Adagio Galleries. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the desert and such places to visit as San Jacinto Mountains and Hovley Soccer Park. Golfing is a top activity, and Desert Willow Golf Resort is one place to visit.
In Indian Wells, you can choose from 564 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Desert - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and pool.
- Hotel Paseo, Autograph Collection by Marriott - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Desert Breezes Resort - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and free parking, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Living Desert Zoo and Gardens, 1.5 mi/2.4 km from the heart of the city, and Indian Wells Tennis Garden, which is 4.3 mi (7 km) away.
Dressing for Palm Desert
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 7°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 41°C, whilst the average at night is 14°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 42°C with night-time averages of 21°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 36°C and night-time averages of 7°C
- About 60 millimetres of rain falls on Palm Desert each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 41°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 7°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Palm Desert?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Palm Desert, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Palm Desert?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Palm Desert?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Palm Desert?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Palm Desert?
What's the best luxury hotel in Palm Desert?
What's the best boutique hotel in Palm Desert?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Palm Desert?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Palm Desert?
Palm Desert Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Palm Desert by Star Rating
- Hotels near Palm Desert Airports
- Areas of Palm Desert
- Accommodation near Palm Desert Attractions
- More accommodation types in Palm Desert
- Choose Your Palm Desert Hotel Style
- Search Palm Desert Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Palm Desert
- Hotels Near Palm Desert, Palm Springs
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends