History buffs will enjoy a visit to Onomichi, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums, monuments, and castle. Welcoming and walkable, this city will also delight visitors with its biking, restaurants, and gardens.
- There are 12 Onomichi hotels
- October is the most expensive month to travel here, while December tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Hiroshima (HIJ), 13.8 mi (22.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Onomichi
- Biking, wine tasting, and exploring the waterfront are top activities, while sights to visit include Okunoshima Dock and Tomonoura Port
- Known for its museums, while Onomichi Chamber of Commerce Memorial Museum, Onomichi Literature Museum, and Onomichi Motion Picture Museum are some local cultural sights
- Popular attractions include Mt. Senkoji Ropeway and Innoshima Flower Center
- Notable for its historic sites, monuments, castle, and landmarks such as Shiga Naoya Former House, Innoshima Suigun Castle, and Ruins of Mihara Castle
- The gardens, parks, and mountains highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Mt. Takami, Mt. Shirataki, and Mt. Fudekage Observatory
Getting around Onomichi
With so many convenient choices for transportation, seeing Onomichi is simple. If you're looking to journey outside of the area, take a train from Onomichi Station, Onomichi Shinonomichi Station, or Onomichi Higashionomichi Station. You can travel down to the marina to find out about water transportation.
Staying in Onomichi
With 12 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from, Onomichi offers holiday retreats at affordable prices. There are 5 hotels ranging from GBP 53 to GBP 116 per night. Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Fuji Hostel, averaging GBP 17.05/night
- HOTEL CYCLE, averaging GBP 144.86/night
A 2-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Fuji Hostel with a 5 out of 5 user rating while HOTEL CYCLE has a 4.8 rating by guests.
Dressing for Onomichi
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, while the average at night is 8°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 32°C with nighttime averages of 17°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Onomichi is 37 millimetres