Families will find kid-friendly activities in Norwood, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, live music and sporting events. Top sights around the area include Gillette Stadium, Boston Museum of Fine Arts and John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum.
- You'll find 1255 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Boston
- The closest major airport is in Norwood, MA (OWD-Norwood Memorial), 0.9 mi (1.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Boston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.), 15.3 mi (24.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Norwood
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Luke Adams Glass. In the area, you'll also find Gillette Stadium and Boston Museum of Fine Arts.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 7 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Norwood. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norwood-Boston Area - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Hampton Inn Boston - Norwood - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Boston Norwood/Canton - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum, located 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Fenway Park, which is 12.2 mi/19.6 km away.
Getting around Norwood
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Norwood Central Station, Norwood Depot Station or Norwood Windsor Gardens Station. Norwood may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Norwood
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -8°C at night
- Norwood gets about 1195 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -8°C