Visiting North Saanich
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to North Saanich, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the gardens, forests and restaurants. This welcoming, seaside city also attracts visitors with its island, flowers and sailing.
- There are 6 North Saanich hotels
- May is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Victoria, BC (YYJ-Victoria Intl.), 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around North Saanich
- Taking a ferry, sailing and boating are top activities, whereas sights to visit include Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal, Sidney-Washington State Ferry Terminal, and Mill Bay Ferry Terminal
- The the sea, gardens and forests highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Rotary Park, John Dean Provincial Park, and Butchart Gardens
Getting around North Saanich
North Saanich has plenty of options for transport. You can ride a ferry across the water to see more of the area.
Staying in North Saanich
With 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Piers Island, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates. There are 5 bed & breakfasts ranging from GBP 62 to GBP 111 per night.
You might like one of these highly rated, small-scale inns and unique properties for a charming or stylish getaway:
- Belle Maison Auprès De La Mer
- Amante Luxury Bed and Breakfast
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Belle Maison Auprès De La Mer with a 5 out of 5 user rating, whereas Amante Luxury Bed and Breakfast has a 5 rating by guests.
Dressing for North Saanich
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, while the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and nighttime averages of 1°C
- North Saanich gets about 32 millimetres of rain per year