Visiting North Rim
Visitors can enjoy all that North Rim has to offer including the restaurants, shopping and parks. Grand Canyon North Rim Visitor Center, Hopi Point and Pima Point are some of the top sights around the area. There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in North Rim
The city's natural beauty is on display at Grand Canyon North Rim Visitor Center, North Kaibab Trailhead and Roaring Springs Canyon. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Point Imperial and Cape Royal.
As you start planning for your getaway to North Rim, you might not find accommodation options in the city centre, but you can choose from 8 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Red Feather Lodge is located 11 mi (17.7 km) from the heart of North Rim. This 3-star lodge in North Rim features a restaurant, laundry facilities and a 24-hour front desk.
- Yavapai Lodge - Inside the Park is 25.9 mi (41.7 km) from central North Rim. This 3-star hotel in Grand Canyon features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- Grand Canyon Plaza Hotel is 20.3 mi (32.6 km) from the centre of North Rim. This 2-star hotel in Grand Canyon features a restaurant, free parking and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
Top places to see outside the city include Hopi Point, 19 mi/30.5 km from the city centre, and Pima Point, which is 19.6 mi (31.5 km) away.
Dressing for North Rim
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -12°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and -6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and -12°C as the night-time average
- North Rim gets about 409 millimetres of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -11°C