Visitors can enjoy all that Norris has to offer including its parks. Excelsior Geyser, Grand Prismatic Spring and Grand Canyon of Yellowstone are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in West Yellowstone, MT (WYS-Yellowstone), 20.2 mi (32.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Norris
The city's natural beauty is on display at Norris Geyser Basin, Porcelain Basin and Steamboat Geyser. Additionally, you might want to add Whirligig Geyser to your agenda.
As you plan your trip to Norris, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of the city, but you can choose from 7 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Canyon Lodge & Cabins - Inside the Park is located 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from the heart of Norris. Guests who stay at this 3-star lodge in Yellowstone National Park can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with an in-room coffee machine.
- Lake Hotel and Cottages - Inside the Park is 18.9 mi (30.5 km) from central Norris. This 3-star hotel in Yellowstone National Park features a restaurant, free valet parking and a bar.
- Old Faithful Inn - Inside the Park is 19.3 mi (31.1 km) from the centre of Norris. This 2.5-star hotel in Yellowstone National Park features 2 restaurants, a bar and a 24-hour front desk.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Excelsior Geyser, 15.2 mi/24.5 km from the city centre, and Grand Prismatic Spring, which is 15.4 mi (24.7 km) away.
Dressing for Norris
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 5°C and the night-time average to be -18°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and -8°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and -19°C at night
- Norris gets about 580 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are December and February with an average of -18°C