Search Hotels in Newcastle
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Newcastle
Unique features of Merewether include the beaches and bars. Make a stop by Merewether Ocean Baths or Merewether Beach while you're exploring the area.
Choose from fishing, surfing and bird-watching in this dynamic and peaceful headland suburb with a proud culture and a Tin City.
The pristine beaches and ample dining options are top of the list for many visitors to Newcastle East. A stop by Newcastle Beach or Nobbys Head Beach might round out your trip.
You'll appreciate the cafes during your time in Cooks Hill and you might want to plan a stop by Newcastle Beach and Newcastle Civic Theater while you're in the area.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Newcastle, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks. Top sights in the city include Lake Macquarie, Newcastle Beach and Nobbys Head Beach.
- There are 197 hotels and other accommodation options in Newcastle
- The closest major airport is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Newcastle
Favourite family attractions include Merewether Ocean Baths and Oakvale Farm and Fauna World. Notable city landmarks like Newcastle Civic Theater and Hunter Wetlands Centre might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Lake Macquarie, Newcastle Beach and Nobbys Head Beach.
In Caves Beach, you can choose from 197 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Junction Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and beach locale.
- Holiday Inn Express Newcastle - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Nags Head Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Newcastle include Merewether Beach. In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Tomaree National Park, 24.5 mi/39.5 km from the heart of the city, and Dutchies Beach, which is 25 mi (40.3 km) away.
Getting around Newcastle
With so many choices for transport, seeing all of Newcastle is a breeze. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Civic Station, Newcastle Interchange Station or Hamilton Station. You can learn about water transport options at the port.
Dressing for Newcastle
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 27°C and night-time averages of 12°C
- About 961.40 millimetres of rain falls on Newcastle each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 8°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Newcastle?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Newcastle, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Newcastle?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Newcastle?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Newcastle?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Newcastle?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Newcastle?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Newcastle?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Newcastle?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Newcastle?
Newcastle Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Newcastle by Star Rating
- Hotels near Newcastle Airports
- Areas of Newcastle
- Accommodation near Newcastle Attractions
- More accommodation types in Newcastle
- Choose Your Newcastle Hotel Style
- Search Newcastle Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Newcastle
- Hotels Near Newcastle, New South Wales
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends