Get an overview of this hotelArt Deco hotel with restaurant and bar/lounge
Collect 200 Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.*Offers may apply
Located in the heart of Newcastle, this hotel is within a 5-minute walk of Newcastle Regional Museum, St Andrews Presbyterian Church, and Maritime Centre. Newcastle Art Gallery and Foreshore Park are also within 15 minutes.
This hotel features a restaurant, a bar/lounge, and a coffee shop/café. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include self parking, dry cleaning, and laundry facilities.
All 20 rooms provide conveniences like refrigerators and coffee makers, plus free WiFi and TVs with digital channels. Other amenities available to guests include iPod docks, minibars, and room service.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Clarendon Hotel
Renovations & Closures
- Dining venue
The hotel offers a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Public areas are equipped with complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. This Art Deco hotel also offers complimentary newspapers in the lobby, laundry facilities, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
The Clarendon Hotel has designated areas for smoking.
- Total number of rooms - 20
- Number of floors - 2
- Luggage storage
- Offsite parking reservations required
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Designated smoking areas
- Billiards or pool table
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- Year Built 1930
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in common areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Offsite parking reservations required
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- iPod docking station
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Digital TV service
- Free WiFi
- Room service (limited hours)
Where to Eat
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge between 7:00 AM and 11 AM on weekdays.
The Clarendon Hotel - This brasserie serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Open select days.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 2:00 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time ends at 10 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 10:00 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for AUD 20.00 per night.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Parking height restrictions apply
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Deposit: AUD 100 per stay
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: AUD 20 for adults and AUD 15 for children (approximately)
- Self parking fee: AUD 10 per day
- Late check-out fee: AUD 30
- Crib (infant bed) fee: AUD 20.00 per night
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Clarendon Hotel Newcastle
- Clarendon Newcastle
We should mention
Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).
This property has been awarded a star rating from the Australian Star Ratings Agency, Star Ratings Australia.