Visiting New Brunswick
Families will find kid-friendly activities in New Brunswick, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting, entertainment and bars. A top sight in the area is Staten Island Mall.
- You'll find 112 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Somerset
- The closest major airport is in Manville, NJ (JVI-Central Jersey Regional), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Princeton, NJ (PCT), 13.2 mi (21.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Brunswick
Well known for its theatres, the city's cultural venues include State Theater, George Street Playhouse and Rutgers University Geology Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Christ Church New Brunswick, First Reformed Church and United Methodist Church at New Brunswick. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Rutgers New Brunswick is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in New Brunswick. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt Regency New Brunswick - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and convenient parking.
- Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a business centre.
- Motel 6 New Brunswick - This 2-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Staten Island Mall, located 15.7 mi (25.3 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting around New Brunswick
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from New Brunswick Station or New Brunswick Jersey Ave Station. New Brunswick may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for New Brunswick
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -6°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -5°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for New Brunswick is 1242.70 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -5°C