Travellers to Nairn give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and beaches. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its golf courses, bars and spas. A top sight in the city is North Sea.
- There are 48 hotels and other accommodation options in Nairn
- The closest major airport is in Inverness (INV), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Nairn
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: North Sea, Nairn Beach and Moray Firth. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cawdor Castle and Nairn Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 48 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Nairn. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Invernairne Guest House - Amenities at this 3-star guesthouse include free parking and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
- Tali Ayer - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Cawdor House - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a coffee shop, along with cable TV. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Inverness Castle, 15.2 mi/24.5 km from the city centre, and Cardhu Distillery, which is 20.8 mi (33.5 km) away.
Getting around Nairn
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Nairn Station. Nairn may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Nairn
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 17°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- About 31 millimetres of rain falls on Nairn each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 17°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C