Below average hotel for an above average price!
I would reconsider staying at this hotel even if it was the only option available.
Here's why this hotel is terrible:
1. The check-in experience was amateur at best. The men behind the counter didn't exhibit common courtesy. They wanted to make us wait because they could not pull up the invoice from Expedia even though they had our booking in the system.
2. Next day we ordered breakfast in bed because we didn't want to leave the room. The poached eggs were over cooked, they did not send sausages, the fruits were tasteless and the tea was cold. So we paid extra for a breakfast that was barely edible at best. They redeemed themselves by having a better breakfast buffet. So lesson learned, don't order in.
3. The bathroom tub was clogged and kept filling up with water. We almost slipped in it. It was fixed once we called housekeeping.
4. The phones in the room didn't work and had to be replaced.
5. We developed cold symptoms and a sore throat. Possibly because the duct work had not been cleaned or the carpet.
6. The room was cold despite the fact we had the air conditioner turned off.
Individually most of these complaints seem small but when your weekend stay is riddled with complaints then you have to wonder why you paid a premium to stay at a hotel that claims they are a "5 star Ecotel" when they are a 2 or 3 star at best.
Save your money and stay away!