Search Hotels in Mount Cook
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 13 Dec 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Mount Cook
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Mount Cook, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views. Cosy and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its bars and spas. Top sights in the city include Lake Pukaki and Aoraki / Mount Cook. In Mount Cook, there are 5 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Cook
The mountains, hiking trails and glaciers exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Lake Pukaki and Aoraki / Mount Cook. Additionally, you might want to add Kea Point Walk to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Mount Cook. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Lodge - This 4-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking and laundry facilities. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Hermitage Hotel Mount Cook - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi and free parking.
- Aoraki Court Motel - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Mount Cook
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 21°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 9°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- Mount Cook gets about 997.00 millimetres of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Mount Cook?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Mount Cook, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Mount Cook?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Mount Cook?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Mount Cook?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Mount Cook?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Mount Cook?
Mount Cook Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Mount Cook by Star Rating
- Hotels near Mount Cook Airports
- Accommodation near Mount Cook Attractions
- More accommodation types in Mount Cook
- Choose Your Mount Cook Hotel Style
- Search Mount Cook Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Mount Cook
- Hotels Near Mount Cook, Canterbury
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends