Visiting Franz Josef Glacier
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Franz Josef Glacier, and visitors give high marks for the stunning glacier views and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and scenic, this city also attracts tourists with its cafes. A top sight in the area is Franz Josef Glacier. In Franz Josef Glacier, there are 28 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Franz Josef Glacier
Favourite family attractions include Glacier Hot Pools and Westcoast Wildlife Centre. Notable city landmarks like Our Lady of the Alps and St James Anglican Church might be worth a visit. Additionally, you'll find Franz Josef Glacier in the area.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Franz Josef Glacier. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Glacier Highway Motel Franz Josef - This 2.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and laundry facilities. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- 58 On Cron Motel - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this motel. With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a library, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- The Terrace - This 4-star motel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Dressing for Franz Josef Glacier
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 21°C and the night-time average to be 9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and 6°C at night
- About 997.00 millimetres of rain falls on Franz Josef Glacier each year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 2°C