Travellers to Monterrey give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, live music and entertainment. Top sights in the city include Fuente de la Vida o Neptuno, Faro de Comercio and Macroplaza.
- There are 148 hotels and other accommodation options in Monterrey
- The closest major airport is in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon (MTY-General Mariano Escobedo Intl.), 14.6 mi (23.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Saltillo, Coahuila (SLW-Plan de Guadalupe Intl.), 39.3 mi (63.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Monterrey
The city is well known for its museums and live music, and cultural venues include Museo del Obispado, Convex Exposition Center and Auditorium Pabellón M. Attractions like KidZania Monterrey, Parque Plaza Sesamo and Bosque Magico are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Fuente de la Vida o Neptuno, Faro de Comercio and Macroplaza.
In San Pedro Garza Garcia, there are 148 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Monterrey Valle - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Staybridge Suites San Pedro - Our customers like the location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- One Monterrey Tecnologico - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room LED TVs. Expedia customers love its breakfast and clean rooms.
Other favourite sights in Monterrey include Explanada de los Heroes, Arena Monterrey and Fundidora Park.
Getting around Monterrey
You can take advantage of metro transport at Padre Mier Station, General I. Zaragoza Station and Fundadores Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Monterrey
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 27°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 9°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 15°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 19°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 28°C as the daytime average and 9°C as the night-time average
- Monterrey gets about 713.80 millimetres of rain per year
- August and June are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 10°C