Families will find kid-friendly activities in Merced, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and university setting.
- You'll find 40 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Los Banos
- The closest major airport is in Merced, CA (MCE-Merced Municipal), 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Mariposa, CA (RMY-Mariposa-Yosemite), 28.4 mi (45.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Merced
Families come for attractions such as Merced County Fairgrounds, Merced National Wildlife Refuge and Applegate Park Zoo. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Merced College and University of California Merced. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Poker Flats Casino and Merced County Courthouse Museum.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 19 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Merced. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Merced - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced - Our customers like the pool and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Getting around Merced
If you want to venture outside the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Merced Station. Merced might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Merced
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 20°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 34°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 35°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 29°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Merced is 306.30 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 34°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 3°C