Visitors can enjoy all that Meiringen has to offer including the ski areas, waterfalls and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments. Top sights around the area include Eiger, Jungfraujoch and Trummelbach Falls.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodation options in Meiringen
- The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 34.9 mi (56.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Zurich (ZRH), 53.1 mi (85.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Meiringen
The picturesque setting of Brünig Pass and Brünig-Pass exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sherlock Holmes Museum and Meiringen-Hasliberg Cable Car.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 11 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Meiringen. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Victoria - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Brünig Lodge 24/7 - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this lodge. This 3-star lodge features free WiFi, free parking and a coffee shop.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Eiger, 13.6 mi/21.9 km from the heart of the city, and Jungfraujoch, which is 15.7 mi (25.3 km) away.
Getting around Meiringen
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Meiringen Station or Brünig-Hasliberg Station. Meiringen might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Meiringen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and -2°C at night
- About 757.90 millimetres of rain falls on Meiringen each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -2°C